This is what the team has been up to in May:
• New recruit Sam quickly got stuck into life at EML Wildfire by going along to the Getting Entrepreneurial About Journalism class hosted by Milo Yiannopoulos, Editor-in-Chief, The Kernel at Business 181 on 3rd May.
• On 8th May Ellen attended the Samsung CIO Forum in Munich. A full day of guest speakers looking at the challenges CIOs face and discussion over what organisations can do to fully maximise the impact of green business IT.
• A team of brave EML Wildfire volunteers headed to the launch of Byte Night at Ernst & Young’s offices on 15th May. On the 5th October they’ll be joining Over 800 people from the IT and business communities to sleep rough on the streets of London for one night to raise money for Action for Children.
• Several client teams attended Digital Shoreditch Festival 2012: Between 21st May -1st June. The festival celebrated the outstanding creative, technical and entrepreneurial talent of East London and Tech City.
• On 22nd May, a sunny Tuesday evening we headed out onto the river Thames to practice our boating skills as, on July 15th, EML Wildfire will be taking part in the annual Dragon Boat Challenge which sees 52 teams battle it out on the river all in the name of charity.
• Ben, Ellen and Joe attended Security Documents World 2012 on 22nd/23rd May. The show, now in its 6th year looks at the security industry when it comes to protecting you identity documents. It coincided with the release of YouGov research conducted by our client Ingenia, looking at attitudes towards secure documents.
• In 29 degree heat on Sunday 27th May EML Wildfire’s Ellen Sinclair ran the Bupa London 10,000 along with 15,000 other enthusiastic runners. Her fundraising efforts for the Alzheimers society currently stand at £463.13 with gift aid.
• On 31st May some EML Wildthings attended the Eco Connect ‘Green in the City’: Cleantech and Green IT in the Real World.