EML Wildfire has become Wildfire. This move represents the changes that we have made to the services we offer our clients. It is a mark of the way we have evolved to become a new agency and we felt it was time to reflect that in a new clear name.
Three years ago EML and Wildfire PR merged, to realise a shared vision; we wanted to create a new breed of agency designed to help our clients respond to the challenges and opportunities of a changing marketing world, where effective PR is about so much more than media coverage.
We wanted to offer a broader skill set, a truly multi-disciplinary approach and to deliver real business impacts.
So how did we do? Honestly, we have celebrated some big wins and we learned some tough lessons along the way. But our achievements speak for themselves:
- Within two years we had established EML Wildfire at number ten position in the PR Week technology league tables, a position we continue to build on
- We launched Vital Signs, the first industry benchmark to identify the PR attributes that contribute to measurable business results
- We developed our own online PR measurement dashboard in-house, using the coding skills of our own team
- We added SEO and inbound marketing capability to our service offering
- And we won one of the biggest international clients in the electronics industry
But I think our single most important achievement was to create a new company culture that brought together the best of each company in the merger. A culture marked by a willingness to challenge each other, a commitment to creativity and an ambition to make an even bigger mark on the tech PR sector.
As we welcome an influx of new creative and digital talent to our PR team we decided the time was right to rebrand the agency. So we are now Wildfire, supporting a wide range of technology sectors from electronics to consumer devices, with a hugely talented team that can help clients add value to every element in the marketing mix.
We say goodbye to EML, a name that has served us well, but we take into the future a long legacy in the electronics sector alongside our IT and comms, digital marketing and consumer tech heritage.
Let me reassure everyone who knows us of old as EML, that our name change is not a change in our industry focus. It is not a move away from electronics, which is part of our DNA, and we remain fully committed to the sector. Our client base in electronics is stronger than ever.
So thank you EML for 27 good years and welcome Wildfire, a name to carry us forward.